This COBIT® 5 Assessor (ISACA®/APMG) course is a 3-days, interactive, classroom-based learning experience for practitioners. Participants will learn all aspects of the COBIT® 5 process assessment (based on ISO 15504). The course is led by a scenario-based approach and includes interactive learning activities to lead an assessment project. The participants will benefit from the practical experience and knowledge of a trainer who is an expert of this domain.
Date of upcoming public sessions
No public courses currently scheduled. Please contact AB Consulting.
You can also contact us about the organization of an in-house training course
The target audience of the COBIT® 5 Assessor (ISACA®/APMG) course & certification will include but is not limited to:
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate is a prerequisite for this course. It is also recommended, but not mandatory, that participants have at least 2 years experience in the IT Governance domain and/or in process capability assessments based on ISO 15504.
At the end of this course, each participant will know and understand:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide: using COBIT® 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyse the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyse the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Overview and recap foundation
- The process assessment model (PAM)
- Assessors Guide - Using COBIT® 5
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Assessment Team
- An Independent Assessment
- Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Other Participants
- Competency of Assessors
- Key Issues for the Assessment
- Key Issues
- Recommended Steps
- Assessment Tools
Scoping the Assessment<
- Initial Mapping of the Enterprise Processes To COBIT®
- Scoping Tools
Planning the Assessment and Briefing the Teams
- Planning the Assessment
- Documented Data Collection Strategy
- Evidentiary Requirements
- Systematic Recording
- Validation during Data Collection
- Review of Data Collected
- Dealing with Deficiencies
Process Attribute Rating
- The Decision Making Process
- Setting Target Capability Levels
- Process Capability Level Rating
- Nature of Engagement
- Implications of Assessment Results
- Presentation to Participants
Performing a Self-Assessment
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Mock Exam
Official COBIT® 5 Assessor Exam (2 hours 30 minutes)
The official exam COBIT® 5 Assessor ISACA®/APMG is included in the COBIT® 5 Assessor and Certification training course package.
Based on a case study, the exam consists of 8 complex multiple-choice questions each covering a different syllabus area or combination of syllabus areas. Each of the eight questions contains 10 question lines, each of which attracts 1 mark, giving a total of 80 marks. The pass mark is 40 (50%). This is an open book exam. Hard copies of the ISACA's official publications COBIT® Assessor Guide: Using COBIT® 5 and COBIT® Process Assessment Model (PAM):Using COBIT® 5 are allowed. The examination takes place immediately at the end of the course and is invigilated by an accredited invigilator. The duration of the exam is 2.5 hour (an additional 40 mn is given for candidates whose first language is not english).
The course COBIT® 5 Assessor (ISACA®/APMG) is delivered by Alain BONNEAUD (CGEIT®, COBIT® 5 Accredited Trainer). Alain is one of the few people in the world having an extensive experience in the implementation and Assessment of COBI® 5 enablers and holding the COBIT® 5 Certified Assessor certification issued by ISACA®.
Alain Bonneaud is an International Expert in the domains of Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT®) and IT Service Management (ITIL®, ISO/IEC 20000, COBIT® 5, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 38500, PRINCE2®). Alain regularly acts as "IT Governance and Transformation Senior Manager" within International Firms all around the world, to assist them in the implementation of IT Governance and IT Service Management (ITSM). He is also accredited for many years to deliver training and certification: ITIL® ( Foundation, Intermediate and MALC), ISO / IEC 20000, ISO / IEC 27002 and COBIT®.
Alain is also Head of Delegation of Ivory Coast in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC40 and JTC1/SC27 sub-committees, and, as such, he is co-editor of ISO/IEC 27013 (Integrated Implementation of ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27001, published in 2013) and ISO 20000-8 (ISO/IEC 20000 Implementation for the Very Small Entities - To be published).
Price and financial conditions
Fees include the whole package composed of :
- training delivery by a trainer approved by APMG/ISACA® on the COBIT® 5 certification scheme,
- personalized welcome in the training room with mineral water, breaks and lunch,
- course material accredited by APMG,
- intensive exam perparation,
- paper-based COBIT® 5 Assessor official exam,
- official COBIT® 5 Assessor certificate delivered by APMG (for successful candidates),
- group limited to 10 people max. in order to guarantee the quality of the interactivity with the training course leader.
Register for the COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp to prepare and take the COBIT® 5 Foundation and COBIT® 5 Assessor exams in only 5 days! Just select COBIT® 5 Assessor Bootcamp on the registration form and benefit of up to 25% saving on the total cost of the full batch.
Official ISACA® publications
PLEASE NOTE: The official manuals COBIT® 5 Process Assessment Model and COBIT® 5 Assessor's Guide are required to take the course and the final exam but are not provided by AB Consulting in the context of the session. These official publication must be acquired prior to the training directly on the ISACA>® website.
Terms & Conditions
To be validated, COBIT® 5 Assessor (ISACA®/APMG) online registration is requested (a registration link is provided in the "Dates" tab on the line corresponding to each session)
Full payment of the course and exams must be recieved at latest 10 working days before the start of the training. We accept payments by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal.
Early Bird discount
Save 10%* on the price of any registration received, accompanied by its full payment, more than 30 days before the first day of the session.
* This offer is valid for public training sessions only and cannot be cumulated with any other promotional rate.