This COBIT® 5 Foundation course is a 3-days, interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants will learn about the need for an IT Governance framework and how COBIT® 5 addresses this need by providing the latest thinking in Governance of Enterprise IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT® 5 framework using a logical and example-driven approach for everyone interested in obtaining Foundation-level knowledge in GEIT.
Date of upcoming public sessions
No public courses currently scheduled. Please contact AB Consulting.
You can also contact us about the organization of an in-house training course
The target audience of the 2 days COBIT® Foundation (ISACA®/APMG) course & certification is composed of :
- Chief Execuctives
- Business management
- IT/IS auditors
- Internal auditors
- Information security and IT practitioners
- IT Service Managers
and more generally anyone working in the IT/IS domain, looking to gain an insight into the Enterprise Governance of IT.
This certification is the mandatory entry point for people looking to be certified as a COBIT® 5 Implementer or COBIT® 5 Assessor.
There are no formal prerequisites. However, it is recommended that participants have experience in the IT Governance domain. Prior practical experience of the Audit would be a plus.
At the end of this course, each participant will know and understand:
- The major drivers for the development of a Framework
- The business benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Product Architecture
- The IT management issues and challenges that affect enterprises
- The 5 Key Principles of COBIT® 5 for the governance and management of Enterprise IT
- How COBIT® 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic manner for the entire enterprise
- The key concepts in a Process Capability Assessment and the key attributes of the COBIT® 5 PAM (Process Assessment Model)
- How the COBIT® 5 processes and the Process Reference Model (PRM) help guide the creation of the 5 Principles and the 7 Governance and Management Enablers
PLEASE NOTE: This Foundation course provides the ideal introduction to COBIT® 5 and provides full preparation for the Foundation Certificate exam. Whatever, it is your start towards COBIT® Implementation and COBIT® Assessor and it is not sufficient for individuals who need to develop skills for implementing or assessing processes. We can help develop a roadmap for your personal Certification to aid in those objectives. A practitioner course would be a recommended next step.
Introduction and background
Overview and key features of COBIT® 5
- The Reasons for the Development of COBIT® 5
- The History of COBIT®
- The Drivers for developing a Framework
- The Benefits of using COBIT® 5
- The COBIT® 5 Format & product Architecture
- COBIT® 5 and other Frameworks
The 5 Principles of COBIT® 5
- Introducing the 5 Principles
- Principle 1 - Meeting Stakeholder Needs
- Principle 2 - Covering the Entreprise End-to-End
- Principle 3 - Applying a Single Integrated Framework
- Principle 4 - Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Principle 5 - Separating Governance from Management
The 7 Enablers of COBIT® 5
- Recap & Overview on Principle 4 - Enabling a Holistic Approach
- Enabler 1 - Principles, Policies and Framework
- Enabler 2 - Processes
- Enabler 3 - Organisational Structures
- Enabler 4 - Culture, Ethics and Behaviour
- Enabler 5 - Information
- Enabler 6 - Services, Infrastructure and Applications
- Enabler 7 - Peoplel, Skills and Competencies
- Appendix - Walk Through on using Goals cascade to scope Processes
Introduction to COBIT® 5 Implementation
- The Life cycle Approach
- Inter related Components of the Life cycle
- Understanding the Enterprise internal and external factors
- Key success factors for implementation
- The 7 phases of the Life cycle model explained
- The 7 Change Enablement Characteristics used in the Life cycle
- Change Enablement Relationships to the Continual Improvement Life cycle
- Making the Business Case
Process Capability Assessment
li> Introduction and Purpose of the Guide
- Syllabus Learning Areas & Topics
- Process Assessment explained :
- What is a process assessment
- What is the COBIT® Assessment Programme
- The differencesbetween Capability and Maturity Assessment
- Overview of the COBIT® 5 Capability Model & Assessments
- The Process Reference Model (PRM)
- The Process Assessment Model (PAM)
- The Measurement Framework
- Introduction to the Assessor Training Steps
- Exam Tips & Tricks
- Mock Exam
Official COBIT® 5 Foundation Exam (40 minutes)
The official exam COBIT® 5 Foundation ISACA®/APMG is included in the COBIT® 5 Foundation and Certification training course package.
The exam consists of 50 multiple-choice questions covering all five areas of the COBIT® 5 Foundation syllabus, to be answered in 40 minutes. This is a closed book exam. The certification is granted as soon as the canditate provides at least 25 correct answers (50%). The examination takes place immediately at the end of the course and is invigilated by an accredited invigilator and can be provided as web-based or paper-based.
This course and the COBIT® 5 Foundation certificate are mandatory for additional COBIT® 5 training, including the COBIT® 5 Implementation Course and Assessor Program Training.
The course 2 days COBIT® Foundation (ISACA®/APMG) is delivered by Alain BONNEAUD (CGEIT®, COBIT® 5 Accredited Trainer). Alain is one of the few people in the world having an extensive experience in the implementation and Assessment of COBI® 5 enablers and holding the COBIT® 5 Certified Assessor certification issued by ISACA®.
Alain Bonneaud is an International Expert in the domains of Governance of Enterprise IT (GEIT®) and IT Service Management (ITIL®, ISO/IEC 20000, COBIT® 5, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 38500, PRINCE2®). Alain regularly acts as "IT Governance and Transformation Senior Manager" within International Firms all around the world, to assist them in the implementation of IT Governance and IT Service Management (ITSM). He is also accredited for many years to deliver training and certification: ITIL® ( Foundation, Intermediate and MALC), ISO / IEC 20000, ISO / IEC 27002 and COBIT®.
Alain is also Head of Delegation of Ivory Coast in ISO/IEC JTC1/SC40 and JTC1/SC27 sub-committees, and, as such, he is co-editor of ISO/IEC 27013 (Integrated Implementation of ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27001, published in 2013) and ISO 20000-8 (ISO/IEC 20000 Implementation for the Very Small Entities - To be published).
Price and financial conditions
Fees include the whole package composed of :
- training delivery by a trainer approved by ISACA®/APMG on the COBIT® 5 qualification scheme,
- personalized welcome in the training room with mineral water, breaks and lunch,
- course material approved by ISACA®/APMG,
- online official COBIT® 5 Foundation examination (ISACA®/APMG Qualification),
- delivery of the COBIT® 5 Foundation digital Certifcate (for successful candidates),
- group limited to 10 people max. (25 people max. for online courses) in order to guarantee the quality of the interactivity with the instructor.
Terms & Conditions
To be validated, 2 days COBIT® Foundation (ISACA®/APMG) online registration is requested (a registration link is provided in the "Dates" tab on the line corresponding to each session)
Full payment of the course and exams must be recieved at latest 10 working days before the start of the training. We accept payments by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal.
Early Bird discount
Save 10%* on the price of any registration received, accompanied by its full payment, more than 30 days before the first day of the session.
* This offer is valid for public training sessions only and cannot be cumulated with any other promotional rate.